20 things I learned before 20:
1. Always think about what you’re going to do before you do it. You could regret it, but you could regret not doing it. Consider all the possibilities.
2. Help. Care. Be a nice person. Always be there for someone when they need it, never ignore someone when they’re spilling their heart out to you. It takes a lot of courage to tell someone what’s bothering them.
3. On the topic of helping others – never forget to take care of yourself. You are your number one priority, and never let yourself slip into a bad state. Doing something that makes you feel good, paint your nails, play the guitar etc.
4. You are not worthless. You have just as much worth as everyone else in the world.
5. Eat the pizza if you want to. A slice will not hurt you. Everything is fine in moderation.
6. Always keep a charger on you. If your phone dies, peace out yo. Good luck.
7. Be true to yourself. Don’t change to fit in with others. You’ll spend your whole life searching for who you are, and trying out different things to do so only to find that you’ve been too busy to realize you found yourself along time ago.
8. Get drunk, but know your limits. If you wobble a bit you’re fine, but if you feel like you’re going to vomit… get some water.
9. Fix things with your family. Some people don’t have the privilege to be close to their families, but if you have the chance to talk to your parents about things, and become closer – take it. They understand more than you believe they do, and they care more than you think too. Being tight with your family can be a key to a good life.
10. Give people the benefit of the doubt. You never know where someones words are coming from, they could be going through a really hard time.
11. Don’t be the only friend in the relationship. If you talk to someone all the time, and help them with their problems, but when it comes to you they ignore you… it might not be worth it. Never settle for people not caring.
12. Embrace yourself. Your body, your laugh, your habits, your mind. Every little thing about you is precious.
13. Say yes. Don’t stay in your house because you’re scared, or don’t just don’t feel like going. You’ll be happy you did it in the end. Everything is an opportunity for an adventure.
14. Hi is a good word to say as well. Introduce yourself to someone, or even just say hi walking by them on the street. You can make a good friend out of it, and you’ll change someones day around.
15. Do everything the best you can. Sing your little heart out. Don’t be afraid of getting in front of a crowd. Just know that you love it, and your best is always good enough.
16. Find someone you can trust, and do just that. Trust them. Have that somebody that you can call up at 2 in the morning, and they’d be more than willing to come join you. Venting can be the thing that saves you.
17. Be that person someone can trust, because in the end you’ll end up becoming closer with people, and you will complete #16 as well.
18. Learn something new everyday. Whether that includes going to class, or just googling a random fact.
19. Sometimes, you’ve got to let people pay attention to you. Accept their love and care. It may be awkward, and you may not feel worth it, but honestly if they didn’t care, they would never do such a thing. Your friends and family care about you much more than you think they do.
20. From personal experience, I know caring hurts. I’m scared to become close to people because I’m scared of losing them. But it’s better to live your life knowing you have so much love in your heart that you’re scared of losing your friends, than to sit around alone.
'And I want more than anything for you to be my last.'